Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Dearest Heart

Dearest heart, how you look in this moonlight,
shining through the lovely windows of our hall,
glancing over each carefully polished marble stone
that glows alike to their originator's gleam,
skipping across the floor in a silver reflection of
her resting greater golden sister, who does bring
the colors and life of the glorious, gilded day.
Dearest heart, how you look in this silken dress,
twirling around in dizzying circles and graceful arcs,
so much like a regal swan barely rippling her pond, or
a lovely doe in her spotted coat leaping through the wood.

Dearest heart, won't you dance with me across this
smoothly polished floor? For I am missing my dear love,
who has not yet taken my hand in his, and led me
'cross the stone of our shared youth and sapling years.
Dearest heart, here, light a candle, or all, and place them
in their burnished sconces, and we shall have our own
ball tonight, with as many guests as we deem fit, and as much
company as we do desire to fill this empty hall with joy.

Dearest heart, call the cooks to their fires, and the bards
to their instruments. For tonight we shall have a dance,
a dance which shall surpass all others in glory and color. We shall
have all our tables heavy laden with plenteous fare, enough for
the entire neighborhood to feast with pleasure, and we shall have
the finest attire worn by our great ladies; none shall be wanting
for a small bouquet or nosegay, or a crown of fresh wildflowers.
And our gentlemen shall each have a red, deep crimson rose
peeking out of their chest pockets like a beating heart.

Dearest heart, how I do love this sight, and all the delight
which I have gleaned from it! Here they all stand, like an array
of the finest meadow flowers, each decked out in the most elegant
fashion! Oh, how my heart raptures in this most glorious vision!

Dearest heart, how you look in your white silken dress
here in the soft light of the warm, glowing candles.
You dance as an angelic creature, for as such do I deem you.
Oh, my dearest heart, I do so love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment